cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabbed Splitters on Radius Bends

Tabbed Splitters on Radius Bends

We are currently looking at redesigning our splitter fixing for welded ductwork by setting up a "tab" on the side of the splitter which would be welded to the bend - in our case a 50mm wide tab at no more than 150mm centres.

Currently the only option to determine the number of tabs is a "Tab Quantity" field in the splitter setup. Splitters can be of any length so a quantity would have to be determined for every splitter based on the length. What I would like to see is a setting for "Maximum Pitch" so the splitter can calculate the number of tabs based on this value, ensuring the pitch of the tabs will not exceed that value.

8 Comments
don.pickford
Contributor

Would love to see this moving up the list. Kudos anyone!

don.pickford
Contributor

This topic is becoming a hot topic with my company at the moment. Any chance of putting an option of "Tab Pitch" into the splitter setup instead of, or in addition to, the "Tab Quantity?

Autodesk? Anyone? 🙂

don.pickford
Contributor

The "number of tabs" option on splitters is next to useless for us. Splitters come in different lengths depending on the duct dimensions and a fixed quantity means they are at different pitch on each splitter.

If a bend has say three splitters then each splitter will have the same number of tabs although the length of each splitter is different, resulting in maybe too many on the inner one and too few on the outer one!

We need to be able to set a pitch for the tabs so each splitter regardless of length will have a tab that does not exceed the maximum "pitch" set.

I started this topic in April 2014, I would love to have it implemented before April 2017! Anybody!

Novybec-YD
Enthusiast

This is one result we have been trying to achieve for a long time also.

In our case, we just can't get ANY tab, regardless of the number entered in the 4 last lines of the splitters options.

We just get the corner notches.

That would be great, first of all to get it to work, and then, as Don is asking since 2014, to get the tabs in regard of a maximum pitch.

Still not available in April 2018... 

Novybec-YD
Enthusiast

Ok, got it...
 Tabs don't work on CID 399.
 If I use CID 17 it's fine.
But we use CID 399 because in CAD, in draws a line when extensions are used.

So.. I would say:

Add a maximum pitch to the tabs and make it work for CID 399 too.

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

don.pickford
Contributor

I've just checked on Camduct 2018 and the option of having splitters set to a pitch rather than just to a quantity has still not been implemented.

I've been asking for this since early 2014 and whilst the list of users agreeing this would be useful is not massive, it has had some comments on here and on Xtracad. I've not tried the 2019 version but I'm not holding my breath.

Not got that many years left at this game but sure would like to see it before I retire. 🙂

don.pickford
Contributor

A new year, a new hope for progress on this......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report