cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketchbook pro tablet (App) - drawing curved lines

sketchbook pro tablet (App) - drawing curved lines

Hi,

I'm using the paid verson of sketchbook pro for android - version 2.9.4 (#433023) on my tablet NEXUS (2012) + stylus pen (rubber).

It's a tremendes drawing application. I left Photoshop / Illustrator behind and discoverd a new world of creativity aid!

I draw freehand, most of the time. But I'm using the "Tools" too. The guides "Ruler" and "Circle" are practical. But....

It would be handy to have a tool like "Bezier" or "flexible" guide, so I should be able to prefix a curved line (limited length) and use that guide to draw a perfect shaped line. I think that two endpoints and one middle-point would be sufficient to shape that guiding line. 

Maybe it's possible? Just an idea that came out when using the guide-tools.

Thanks for your attention,

Regards!

Good luck with Sketchbook Pro!

Christof.

6 Comments
danicamichaels
Observer

You mean like this? (Concept of a proposal I submitted to Sketchbook.)

They have the French curve tool now, but French curves are fiddly.

Bendable Ruler Idea.jpg

Hi,

Ik know that this functionality exists on Skecthbook Pro (PC), but my question was if it's possible too on App for Android?

grtz,

Christof..

danicamichaels
Observer
This feature doesn't exist on any version of Sketchbook Pro. That was a photomanipulation I made from a screenshot. But I got a good response from the help desk when I submitted the idea as a ticket and as feedback on Twitter. They've had a couple industrial design companies ask for this feature too, so sounds like it might go into the works soon. If it does, it should be available on the Android version as well.
ppereyra
Observer

Hello mates!

i have the same issue... I need the same guide tools in the sketchbook mobile version as soon as possible. Im am lost without them!! An other this important is to incorporeate the transform an distort tools, and the capability of slection of two or more layers, all together, in orther to transform... In other words: At least, we need the same tools in mobile version....

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

danicamichaels
Observer

Replying to the status change. I am still interested in seeing this feature developed! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report