cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Underlay Improvement

Import Underlay Improvement

As of right now, while in ESTmep, you have to import your PDF backgrounds one at a time. The majority of the time, and Estimator knows which pages he is going to need to takeoff. Can we get the option to select multiple pages at once to import? This should help speed up the import underlay process.

Please see attached.

Thanks,

Nick

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like the idea Nick but how would the software know where to drop each pdf ?

They would all drop in at the same location?

Unless you were proposing a prieview pain to pre determine approx location of pdf's?

Like a grid to pre position them in the takeoff environment.

Thne scale / trim / align etc one in the 3D viewer window?

Dave

nbaughman
Advocate

To make it simple, after you click "Open" on your multiple selected pdfs, it will pop up with the "Select Layers" Underlay edit menu like before, which allows you to change layer colors / line type / clipping / etc. Upon clicking "OK", the USER would  then place the Underlay as normal. After placing the Underlay, the software would bring up the "Select Layers" Underlay edit menu with the next page. You would then go place that Underlay in 3D Viewer, rinse and repeat.

It would basically import 1 Underlay at a time, and have you place them 1 at a time. The process which takes the most time is when you are browsing for a PDF to import, then having to perform that action multiple times.

Which reminds me, can we get the location of the default open location for import underlay to be linked to the MAP.INI please?!

Let me know if I need to be more clear, I don't think it needs to be too complex to save some time.

Thanks Dave,

Nick

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report