Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get report to give the sum of the lenght of the pipes with the same size?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
faranakasadpour
587 Views, 7 Replies

get report to give the sum of the lenght of the pipes with the same size?

hi there

what should I do to get a report in which the lenght of the pipes which are  in the same size, be  made total and they shown in one row? I set the quality/lenth item on "Normal" in report bulding part but it didn't work and est mep for example show very short pieces of same size pipes in several rows and doesn't make the total

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Are you looking for something like this? Please see attached

Message 3 of 8

yes exactly, and also categorised on the basis of material

Message 4 of 8

Have you created a new report? if so you will have to find "Item Description" under the available colum on the left use the arrows at the bottom to get it over to your report. Once you have done that then click on "order" which is all the way over to the right and click " Merge Rows Together" and the will take care of getting all the same material together. now to do a total of pipe for your project. Again go to the left and find "Item Centre Line Length" pull that over to your report and hightlight that line and then on the right click "Column" and then you can put a check mark in the "Summarize Totals for Collected Tables" and that should give you your total. I attached a couple of snap shots to give you an idea what are reports look like. Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 8

hi gorlewskia

First of all thanks for your kindness,I've made a report like the attached file and it made the total pipe lenghtes but it is not exactly what I want, I want a report which:1- categorised pipes, fittings and hangers 2- I want to change the prices on the basis of the prices of another  manufacturer ,sorry I bother you but I hope you will be kind enough to guide me step by step,and also tell me which items I should put check mark in print preview to get a report which contains pipes size,service name ,material, total lenght, and total price,and fittings size, service name, quantity ,material and price and for hangers as well

Best regards

Message 6 of 8

No problem...The only thing I can say is you will have to play with it till you get what you are looking for. Now that you created a report like the pictures its really just going in and playing with the setting untill you see what you want on the report. It will take you a little while to get the report just the way you like it we have been doing this for a while now and are reports are not perfect we change them monthly. 

Message 7 of 8

ok...

Message 8 of 8

please just tell briefly how you categorised pipes and fittings seperately?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report