Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camduct 2014 Item Folders quantity takeoff error.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mark
2173 Views, 7 Replies

Camduct 2014 Item Folders quantity takeoff error.

I have been using the legacy camduct since 2005 and I have upgraded to the newer version last year, but I am struggling to get use to the fact that if I am doing a duct takeoff I cannot increase the quantity of the item, as everytime I do it incrementally adds more items but only 1 quantity each.

How would I go about rectifying this issue as it is very frustrating as we do not make a new item for each part rather group it with quantities.

I would really appreciate any help on this issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mark

Each time you take off an item it adds another to your takeoff list. If you want to increase the Quantity, you needc to change the quantity in one of the existing items that were in the takeoff.

Message 3 of 8
mark
in reply to: Anonymous

I still find it strange because the legacy software which was bought in January 2005 if you changed the quantity in the takeoff screen it would have the quantity shown in the takeoff, not as a seperate action or even making item no's to equal the quantity ordered. which is silly if you don't want to make say 10 straight ducts 500 x 500 and print 10 seperate pages for "pattern item print" it never was like this and the logic behind changing it might work for some but it makes the list of ducting increadibly long as apose to having fewer item numbers with higher quantities.

Now its like making double work for by making me close the takeoff screen everytime I want to make something with a quantity of more than 1, which is not the end of the world but does make it a bit anoying because I've had a few instances where I have forgotten to change say 1 quantity and then have to nest that on its own.

Or it gets to the end of the job and there is 1 missing. But I thought this was a setting issue which is why I would like to find the setting and change it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I think I'm missing something. When I takeoff an item, before it's added to the takeoff list, if I change thr quantity, it only adds a sinlge item to the takeoff with the appropriate quantity. It does not create multiple entries.

If an entry is already there in the takeoff list, and you try to take off another item, it doesn't automatically combine it.....that I'm aware anyway.

What am I missing?

Message 5 of 8
mark
in reply to: Anonymous

I have said it all above don't understand why this is happening. but I have taken a snapshot of each process I am doing and hopefully you can see the problem.

Message 6 of 8
mark

Message 7 of 8
LanceTSM

Its probably just a tick box needed.

Go to "Quick Takeoff"

Select "Takeoff" from the top menu

in the drop down untick "Individual Quantities"

You should now get one item in your job contents with the required Qty shown.

If this is ticked you get a seperate item for each of the entered qty.

Message 8 of 8
mark
in reply to: LanceTSM

Thanks so much... Never knew that menu was there mainly because I don't use the quick takeoff menu, find it frustrating (my hangup) anyway its now doing it perfect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report