Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Item Numbers In Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jacob_United
712 Views, 5 Replies

Assigning Item Numbers In Revit?

Hi all,

I'd like to know if there is a way to assign a CAMduct item number inside of Revit 2016 when using fabrication parts. I am exporting from Revit 2016 to CAMduct as a MAJ file and have not found any way to do this.

Can anyone help?

If my post answers your question, please click... Just kidding!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
98C5
in reply to: Jacob_United

Hi,

Have you had any luck getting the item numbers to work? I really need this function to work also.

Thank you.

Jake

Message 3 of 6
Jacob_United

Hi Jake,

Unfortunately I've still had no luck with the item numbers in Revit and I don't think that is currently possible. No doubt there are loads of people wanting this basic feature. Here's hoping we'll see it soon.
Message 4 of 6
quankudos

hi there,I have found a way maybe could help you.

You can select all the items which have no numbers yet,then press right-click and choose duplicate items,all the items will be duplicated with an unique number.Hope it will help you!

duplicate items.png

Message 5 of 6
Jacob_United
in reply to: quankudos

Hi Quandarys,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid that was not quite the solution I was looking for. Inside of Revit I need to detail all of my ductwork with item numbers obviously, so the installers can put the puzzle together. The problem is (or 'was' as Revit 2017 now supports it) that those numbers could not be transfered in the data that was exported to CAMduct as an MAJ file. 

But just to let anyone with this issue know that Revit 2017 has resolved this issue.

Message 6 of 6
quankudos

Hi UnitedDrafting,

could you show us more details about how does it work in Revit 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report