Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating changes in Main Database

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
634 Views, 6 Replies

Updating changes in Main Database

I changed some CAD settings in the Takeoff of a dwg I had already made and the changes do not take instantly. If I start a new dwg from scratch then the changes will appear. 

How do I get changes in old drawing to show up?

I have done REGENALL and REBUILDALL. Niether worked. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
davidronson
in reply to: Anonymous

What changes did you make? Many times it is necessary to remove and reapply things for the changes to be reflected.

Anonymous
in reply to: davidronson

I changed the colors for the number items, size and levels. 

Message 4 of 7
davidronson

The program generated the layer necessary for the Tags. A work around would be to open the Layer Manager and just change the color of the layer for the annotation. You should see the changes if you were to start a new drawing that does not already have the layer already defined for the annotation. 

Anonymous
in reply to: davidronson

Yes, I believe I did what you are saying and change just the layer color part. What I found out that had fixed my issue was to check the GLOBAL box next to it and then REBUILDALL. This had changed all the old to look like the new. 

Message 6 of 7
davidronson

The Global option will put all your Tags on the same layer. You wont be able to turn off the Annotation for just the DCW or DHW for example. Checking Global worked because it created a new layer with the new color. 

hi there

howcan I change the colour of pipe fittings? because I want to show them in a different colour

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report