Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle Numbers and levels?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CcmsWhiting
1729 Views, 5 Replies

Toggle Numbers and levels?

How would I adjust the size of the text for “Toggle numbers” and “Toggle Levels?”

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CcmsWhiting
in reply to: CcmsWhiting

This is what I've been able to do but I dont know how.

Message 3 of 6
mrjagsr

Go to "Edit Main Database", click on "Take-off" and then on "CAD Settings"

Now you can pick the text style you are using on your drawing and control the text size.

I hope the attached screenshot helps.

I am new at this but this is one of the things I know how to fix. 

Message 4 of 6
CcmsWhiting
in reply to: mrjagsr

That works! I also learned while I was waiting for someone to reply that you could insert a text size and it would adapt to that text size. I couldnt tell you why it does that but it did for me! The attached image is how I got to it.

Message 5 of 6
cam-nav

The TEXTSIZE variable controls the text size but the style is controlled as stated by mrjagsr in the earlier post.

To further add to this, the only text that is not controlled by the Fabrication database Text Style is "Dimension" text (Lengths), the AutoCAD Dimstyle you have specified in the database is responsible for this text style/size.

Message 6 of 6
lsm-drafter

@CcmsWhiting wrote:

I also learned that you could insert a text size and it would adapt to that text size. I couldnt tell you why it does that but it did for me!

When AutoCAD text is drawn, and a "textsize" is specified when the text is drawn, the "textsize" system variable is changed to the inputed value. ALL CadMEP text (NOT dimensions, i.e. lengths) is driven by this variable, so when it changes, all of the CadMEP text changes too (upon "regen"). You can draw more AutoCAD text and input your default text size and that will change the "textsize" variable yet again. Or.... you can just change the variable back by typing "textsize" (without the quotes) at the command line and input your default value. Regen will reset the CadMEP text to the correct size. This was quite a surprise the first time it happened before we learned of the dependancy upon the "textsize" system variable.

I believe this behavior may be overridden when the text style used has specified height other than zero. Can't say for sure, I've never tried setting up our CadDuct text style to anything other than zero.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report