Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Down Connector not drawing accurately

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kerry
1128 Views, 7 Replies

Step Down Connector not drawing accurately

We are using CADMep on AutoCAD 2013.  We are having a problem drawing the Step Down Connectors for ductwork properly.  We encountered this problem in CADDuct Solids as well, the 2002 version of CADDuct drew it correctly.

-We have our material for ductwork come in at 1500 wide rolls.

-When we add flanges to our ductwork we take off the amount required to form the flange

-When we use step down connectors it does not take off the required amount, creating length discrepencies.

For our Step Down 25 TDF35 Connection we need to take of 80mm from the sheet, 25 for the step down and 55 for the flange, This should leave a piece of duct 1420 Long, with no connection on other end.  When we draw it in CADMep, it draws the length from the case, not the step down.  Is there a way around this?  We enter the length at 1420, but draws it at 1460.

We have encountered this problem before, with CADDuct Solids and were wondering if it has been addressed?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
andy.robins
in reply to: kerry

Could you post that DWG file so we can see how your connector is defined.

Thanks

Andy Robins

Engineering Manager

Message 3 of 8
bparrell
in reply to: andy.robins

You cannot add the extension to the connector as this gets added to the length.Take that off and it will be good other than the graphics.This has been this way for the 12yrs I've been using the program
Message 4 of 8
fishandchips47

Just to show I'm not an expert (I know very little about everything), to understand this post correctly, would a stepdown connector be like a flush bushing in plumbing? Hi Bob, happy retirement.

Message 5 of 8

ok I just noticed the pix and see its for transitioning from lined duct to unlined. You learn something new every day. I have always used a taper/transition in my former life. Ah metric, those were the days.....but then I was hand drafting and graphics were no problemo

Message 6 of 8
kerry

Alright, we will take  the extension off, and just change the way we show our step down connectors.  If this is the way its been done for 12 years, should work for us.

Message 7 of 8
bparrell

Have not retired yet,just took some months off((deserving I believe after 30 years)I have some unfinished business before I think about retirement.Back to the original post,If you delete the ext and look at the developments and the x or y you will see that it is correct.

Just have to deal with the graphics.

Message 8 of 8
fishandchips47

Good to hear there's life in the old dog yet!

Ray Couzens

President and CEO

CC2BL INC | Virtual Design and Lean Construction Services

We imagine a construction world where all project aspects have value to the
Owner and nothing is wasted!

Cell: (303) 514-1862

Direct/fax: (856) 269-2922

Email:
support@couzenscad2bimleeds.com

On the web:
http://www.couzenscad2bimleeds.com

Follow me on
www.twitter.com/@fishandchips47

Minimize Risk - Maximize profits

This message and any attachments from the firm of CC2BL INC

May contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged
information and is solely

For the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient

or a person responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient

be aware that any unauthorized review disclosure, copying, distribution

or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this message in error, please destroy all copies of the
original message

Immediately, and notify us at 856-269-2922

or via electronic mail at support@couzenscad2bimleeds.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report