Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe connectors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ventguy53
1147 Views, 7 Replies

pipe connectors

When I put in two straight piece of ductwork it puts a connector between them. What does that? I am not using design line. Yes I want them there but need to know how they get there. I thought it was thru button mappings but I do not see the button code for the connector in the list.

coup is the button code assigned to the coupling.

here is my button mapping:

+ Bend = EL1
+ Bend = EL2
+ RedInline = TRANS
+ OffsetReducer = RedInline
+ RedILTee = STRT, TAP, TRANS
+ RedILTee = STRT, TAP
+ RedILTee = T
+ Red4Way = X
+ Red4Way = STRT, TAP, TAP
+ RedBend = EL1, TRANS
+ RedBend = EL2, TRANS
+ ShapeChange = TRANS
+ -------------------------------------------- = EXTENDED MAPPINGS -----------------------------------------
+ TAPD = STRT, TAPD, RedInline
+ PSU = STRT, PSU, RedInline
+ RGS = STRT, RGS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ventguy53

Hi VentGuy,

I believe that this question applies to Fabrication CADMEP and not AutoCAD MEP.  You can find the correct forum here.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fabrication-cadmep/bd-p/165

Message 3 of 8
ventguy53
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hey Keith,

You are correct, I posted in the wrong spot! Blame it on old age lol.

Do I post a new question there or can someone move this to there?

I did search the link you sent (Thanks) but still came up empty.

Thanks for your help,

Wayne

Message 4 of 8
Pothman

I moved the post to the Fabrication CADmep forum for you.

Dave Pothier

Message 5 of 8
ventguy53
in reply to: Pothman

Thanks Dave
Message 6 of 8
davidronson83

The Connectors are taking over to find an appropriate match. Go to your Database>Fittings>Connectors

Message 7 of 8
tfs-us

I am not so sure it is possible for anyone to truly explain connectors, but here is a very basic example that i've shrowded a ton of caveats from for the sake simplicity. I add that Fabrications sandbox method of connectivity (while difficult to understand) has empowered me to achieve some pretty epic results I would not expect from any other piping/duct software available. Without building an assembly I've been able to design a 5 (unique) object connection capable of a takeoff as cut-in/stretch populate perfectly.

A Duct Object

Connector 1 Name: Duct Flange

Connector 1 Type: Male

Connector 1 Connectivity: FLG

Connector 2 Name: Duct Flange

Connector 2 Type: Male

Connector 2 Connectivity: FLG

If you haven't disabled error messages (edit configuration dialog) trying to put just 2 of these together should give you a connector mismatch. Basically your trying to put a male on a male and in order to "complete" a connectivity chain there would have to be a female connector involved. In comes the gasket.

A Gasket Object

Connector 1 Name: Duct Gasket

Connector 1 Type: Female

Connector 1 Connectivity: FLG (notice it is identical to the male version....... its mate)

Connector 2 Name: Duct Gasket

Connector 2 Type: Female

Connector 2 Connectivity: FLG (notice it is identical to the male version....... its mate)

If just these 2 objects exist in the service you should be able to keep clicking the duct and it will just keep pairing more of them together with a gasket between them. It is a complete connectivity chain both in sex and connectivity names; size is a factor too depending on what your doing.

If i remember right setting the connector type to "None" will alter the rules of engagement and potentially allow the direct paring of a duct to duct without a gasket. May be more involved then that, but I can't recall since I avoid that method like the plague.

Message 8 of 8
huangliming87

Have you solved the problem???

@ventguy53 wrote:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report