Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabrication CAD MEP 2014 Hangs on Startup

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1263 Views, 10 Replies

Fabrication CAD MEP 2014 Hangs on Startup

Hi All

3 Standalone Installations, 1 x Brand New PC (Win 8 8Gb RAM, Tb HDD) 1 x used PC with previous version of AutoCAD and MEP installed Win 7 and 1 x Laptop Win 8. Need to run trial versions until the serial numbers arrive. The computers hang on startup of FAB MEP 2014, loading the FAB MEP .arx file. AutoCAD 2014 runs without issue. All Network installs of AutoCAD and FAB CAD MEP 2014 ran without issue.

FYI - Already know Autodesk installation protocols and have followed them. No network or domain login involved. AV etc.. disabled on install. All 64 bit. Plenty of Space + RAM. Graphics run AutoCAD without issue. Feel free to query though.

Anyone else had or cured this problem? Grateful for any well thought suggestions. Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps not your problem but jsut in case....

Make sure Standalone versions of AutoCAD have stand alone versions of Fabrication installed.

You can't mix a netowrk AutoCAD and Standalone Fab or vise versa.

The only time I've had the ARX hang, is when both the Acad and CADmep were network licensed, both using borroed licenses and that ARX was loading via the "/ld" switch in the shortcut startup.

Message 3 of 11
philm87

It may be an issue with it being a trial version, something to do with a license check?

How long does it hang for? Does it hang on startup for every machine?

Make sure you have all the latest service packs installed, and latest graphics drivers.

What processor speed are the computers? What graphics cards are being used and what size memory do they have?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Darren

They are all Standalone, however I will check the switch to see if there are any rogue settings. Thanks for the response.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: philm87

Hi Phil

All very strange, I am trying to find out the reason, it is a trial version which has been downloaded as such, so it should work as a trial. I don't know anything special the workstation should have for FAB CAD MEP 2014. AutoCAD 2014 works without issue. The 2013 version works ok, on one of them. FAB CAD MEP 2014 hangs forever.. SP's are installed. I have given the spec's. They exceed the requirements. Nothing of special note concerning that, 3 different standalone computers - exact same problem. Thanks for the response. I will post an update next week if activating relieves this issue or if Autodesk come up with anything.

Message 6 of 11
davidronson

Are your AutoCAD lic all Network? If I remember correctly, you can not have a Network License of AutoCAD + Standalone Trial Version of cadMEP. It will not launch the trial version. 

Anonymous
in reply to: davidronson

Hi David

All Standalone.
Message 8 of 11
davidronson

Have you tried loading AutoCAD first, and them loading the CADmep arx seperately? 

Anonymous

Hi

The AutoCAD standalone trial was loaded first. It works fine. So I will try that. Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
davidronson

So you are trying to run a trial version of AutoCAD with a trial version of CADmep?

Anonymous

Hi David

Yes.. while awaiting the SN's for Activation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report