Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic holes cut into wrong sides of duct

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
eknight
573 Views, 9 Replies

Dynamic holes cut into wrong sides of duct

If we have the cut type as 2xL or 1 part straight and the holes are not centered on the duct they will show up on the wrong panels under the development.  Even though the preview in part edit mode shows correctly.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Nicholas.Hyland
in reply to: eknight

Hi Eric, this issue should be resolved in Fabrication 2015 Service Pack 1 and pending the release of Fabrication 2014 Service Pack 3.

Nicholas Hyland
Message 3 of 10
eknight
in reply to: Nicholas.Hyland

I installed 2015 SP1 yesterday and I can say for certain that it is not fixed.  Depending on what override is used for the number of pieces of the duct the layout of the hole changes.  It almost looks like the holes are always static in place on the development but the way the part get split up the development changes sizes....If that makes sense.

Message 4 of 10
Nicholas.Hyland

Hmm, I used the dims from your image and presumed 2xL and the development looked correct. Can we double check the application Build no. is 3.03.1032 SP1 from the Help > About dialog. If still an issue could you add the item to a job and save to ESJ and post the file?

Nicholas Hyland
Message 5 of 10
eknight

I would check that picture again.  There are dimensions on the Iso view and the development, the hole is shown on the 34" side of the iso but the development has it on the 18" side.

I am running version 2015.0.0.F (25)

Build 3.03.1032 SP1

Message 6 of 10
Nicholas.Hyland

I'm was aware the hole is incorrect in your development image, but it's on the correct panel (34" side) for the develoment when I test in 2015 SP1. I sent you a PM so we can get a copy of the file in an attempt to replicate.

Nicholas Hyland
Message 7 of 10
eknight

It all seems to change depending on the override you use in options.

Message 8 of 10
Nicholas.Hyland

Thanks for the example Eric, I can see the holes for this particular setup are being added to the wrong panels in the development - I'll log with the team. As there are so many potential configurations for this pattern please forward any more you find, thanks again.

Nicholas Hyland
Message 9 of 10
eknight

To be fair I would like to send out a thanks for fixing the rectangular holes to Autodesk.  We had problems with them as well but the 2015 SP1 seems to have fixed problems with rectangular holes no matter what configuration you use with the duct.

Message 10 of 10
eknight

I think I found the culprit, it has to do with the attacher arrow.  In the past we have only been worried about ecentric fittings and being extra carefull with the attacher arrow so the fitting didn't get built inside out.  We have never worried about this problem with rectangular duct, probably because nobody could tell if it was inside out.  Now the exception is when you want to cut a dynamic hole in that duct then it matters.  In our specific case all of the rectangular duct is vertical so we now have play around with every duct to make sure the attacher correct.  And in a vertical condition we can only tell that it is correct by checking the developments as we go and if we see one wrong we delete that piece put the attacher on in a different rotation and place the piece again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report