Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Content

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marlynsheetmetal
2247 Views, 5 Replies

Download Content

When trying to download content from building 3d content it asks for a password. I trted the default

administrator/admin but still will not connect.

Ed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Ed, The login requirement was removed from content site http://building3dcontent.com/

If using Fabrication 2014 versions the login requirement to download from within the application has been removed once updated to 2014 Service Pack 2

If you are using Fabrication 2013 versions the login requirement for the application download method remains. If previous account details are forgotten there is no way to retrieve them now, you would need to manually download the service import files from the site.

Nicholas Hyland
Message 3 of 6

Thank you. I am changing from 2d to 3d and this is the product that My company purchased.

Only had it about a week and am trying to struggle through. Would be nice if a manual was available.

Ed

Message 4 of 6

I cannot connect to building content site.

Message 5 of 6
jbader3CEDE
in reply to: wayneB52SL

Neither can I.

I'm trying to work on rebuilding my database from scratch but need to be able to download the items.

Message 6 of 6
neil.merris
in reply to: jbader3CEDE

I asked Autodesk directly about this issue and received the following response. It would seem this feature is gone. Luckily, a new one is in the works using forge. It seems they retired this tool due to all of the content already existing in the content libraries that come with the software.

Previously, the download content command would launch and bring you to a site  called "Building 3D Content" The site has been discontinued, and the command will be removed in later versions. This is why nothing happens in the 2019 version, but the command is returning unrecognized in the 2021 version. 

This feature has been discontinued, see the comments from our Development team below:

In an effort to provide a better experience, we are working on a new MEP Fabrication content service, utilizing modern interactions and technologies built on the Autodesk Forge platform.  To maintain focus on that goal, Autodesk is retiring the content download service, http://www.building3dcontent.com/.  This portal was also accessible from commands and menu items within CADmep, ESTmep, and CAMduct. 

Analysis of usage of the portal over the last several months of active use indicates that over 99.9% of the content downloaded was already available as part of CADmep, ESTmep, and CAMduct, and thus, downloading  from the site was redundant.  Additionally, it has been discovered that the in-product commands “Download Content to Here” and “Help > Download Content” are not functional when using the products with single user license subscription.   

We look forward to developing a more modern approach for managing content.  To stay abreast of public information related to this initiative, please refer to communications via the Revit Roadmap. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report