Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CADMEP > Revit > CADMEP setup

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KarlHiggins
589 Views, 1 Reply

CADMEP > Revit > CADMEP setup

I'm currently in the process of switching all our CAD Resources to Revit, we will exclusively be drawing all piping/containment/duct etc within Revit but will once the vent drawing has gone through the design approval process need to output the vent model into CADMEP for manufacture and input any changes made in CADMEP back into Revit to maintain a working "as-installed" revit model.

I've looked at the Autodesk Labs RME to FAB and when i insert a typical ductwork example (dwg enclosed) i'm hit with a rather complicated screen (capture enclosed) thats looking for me to map the CADMEP items to the relevant revit families/items.

Unfortunately this isnt done automatically and some of the CADMEP items dont seem to have corresponding Revit items nor do i have the time to properly dig into this especially seeing as the whole thing is on a March 2015 timer afterwhich does it all become useless.

Has anyone actually sat through this entire process and mapped all the items between the two packages?

Is there a template out there that has all this mapped out perfectly?

Has anyone managed to sucessfully work between the two packages?

What we basically dont want is for the Duct guys to essentially have to produce a drawing twice, instead i want them to do all the design/co-ordination and produce the site installation drawings c/w part nos within Revit and once the drawing is ready for manufacture to be able to quickly output the ductwork only into CADMEP and for it to carry all the information accross incl. the part nos etc so that they can quickly produce a manufacturing file and subsequent manufacturing drawing.

Any advice or workflows will be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Backnblack
in reply to: KarlHiggins

Xtracad.com has some users that might have done this process already.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report