Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CADmep 2015 Plotted Lines Are Shown Incorrectly/Not At All

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mike
556 Views, 3 Replies

CADmep 2015 Plotted Lines Are Shown Incorrectly/Not At All

When I try to plot using legacy hidden my lines are not plotting correctly... please see attached picture for example. These items are all one the same system so all the layer settings are the same. But I get different results on different items. Has anyone seen this issue before? How can I resolve? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Nicholas.Hyland
in reply to: mike

Hi Mike, This issue usually occurs if the model is too far away from the AutoCAD origin, and/or the model extents are huge; in both cases the Hide Plot can start to fail. This results in partial hidden line generation and for shaded modes, graphics corruption. If you ensure the model extents are reasonable in x,y,z, and if still an issue try moving the model to 0,0,0.

Nicholas Hyland
Message 3 of 4
mike
in reply to: Nicholas.Hyland

That did not fix it. I found this link which helped a little: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Not-eno... AutoCAD seems to have issue hiding lines correctly when visual style is "2d wireframe". If any other visual style is selected the issue is "fixed" when plotting. Seems like a bug I wish Autodesk would address.
Message 4 of 4
faranakasadpour
in reply to: mike

hi there

howcan I change the colour of pipe fittings? because I want to show them in a different colour

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report