Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Mapping

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cvidovcich
2380 Views, 8 Replies

Button Mapping

I've set up the button mapping to work fairly well with both round and rectangular HVAC duct. My problem is the transition between the two. I cannot find the correct combination of buttons to enable a tap (any kind) out of a rectangular duct when using design line. In all situations, design line leaves a gap in the rectangular duct around where the tap should be and then has the perpendicular branch of duct placed inside of this duct (see attached image). Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue? Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cadman_ics
in reply to: cvidovcich

What have you tried?

The following should work:

Button Code = RedILTee

Alternate Codes = Straight, RedInLine, Tap

Obviously change the Alternate codes to match your specific codes in use.

Message 3 of 9
cvidovcich
in reply to: cadman_ics

I've tried;

Straight, RedInLine, Tap

Straight, Tap, RedInLine

Tap, Redinline

Redinline, Tap

straight, redinline, tap, straight

At this point, I'm leaning towards the taps somehow being corrupted. Perhaps the taps that I am using don't have the necessary connectors that design line requires. Is this a reasonable assumption?

Message 4 of 9
cadman_ics

I don't think connectors are an issue, but it is possible that the CID you are trying isn't supported.
What CID(s) for the tap have you tried?
Message 5 of 9
cvidovcich

For the tap I would like to use (Conical spin in) the CID is 1020 (Based on Pattern 345).

What exactly is the CID?

Message 6 of 9
cadman_ics

I don't know what's going on here. I replied once and then my post disappeared after a few minutes. I tried posting again and it just didn't do anything. So I am trying again for the third time... hopefully it works.

CID = Custom ID Number

It's just a way of identifying the items.

Edit: (added comment that was in original post that disappeared)

In your case the real CID is 345. Someone has overridden it to 1020.

I tried CID 345 here and it worked fine. So maybe your item just need some default values changed, or maybe it is corrupted.

If you want you can try posting your itm file, or at least a screen shot of the dimensions tab.

Message 7 of 9
cvidovcich

I changed the CID to 345 and the taps are now working. I'm not sure where the other number originated. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 8 of 9
cadman_ics

No problem. Glad it's working now.
Message 9 of 9
cvidovcich

I was wondering what happened as well. I received emails saying that you posted, but couldn't find anything on the forum. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report