Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrowing license breaks network connected licensing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cam-nav
587 Views, 1 Reply

Borrowing license breaks network connected licensing

This is the situation:

I have 2 guys in the detailing department that have borrowed licenses to do some off-network coordination meetings, when they checked the licenses back in they intermittently get disconnected from the network licenses and the licenses are 'no longer available'.

Solving this, someone who builds the software will need to look into the problem:

In the mean time consider this a warning or PSA, if you DON'T need to borrow a license from your network pool, I would recommend not doing so.

The temporary and annoying fix for this when the license is no longer available is to shut down CAD and restart, I know it doesn't sound like a huge hassle but in fact it is when you have to do this multiple times a day.

I'm assuming this problem has to do with the fact that borrowing a license creates some sort of file on the machine that is borrowing the license, in turn making software look elsewhere (like a cheating husband) for a license. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cam-nav
in reply to: cam-nav

From Autodesk:

About clients borrowing feature, there is a bug in the borrowing feature on the client side, when borrowed license has been expired and borrowed registry key still in place, it won't reconnect to the server, it is a known issue and would be fixed in next release of Autodesk products.

For now to fix this problem for those people who's borrowing license expired is to delete, registry value from key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager\Borrow 

Efim Tetelman
Autodesk Support Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report