Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTODESK FABRICATION CADMEP 2015 INSTALLED BUT WILL NOT OPEN

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tlong
700 Views, 5 Replies

AUTODESK FABRICATION CADMEP 2015 INSTALLED BUT WILL NOT OPEN

I have Building Design Premium  installed off of a network server/ license server   -  Works fine (Revit , Autocad 2015 )

When trying to open  CADMEP   on top  i get a message saying 

Autodesk Licensing Error

The combination of licenses being attempted is not supported 

Basically i only   have the  PREMIUM package so i can start getting into REVIT  a little  and converting files - Do i need to install the CADMEP  as a  network also maybe ? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davidronson
in reply to: tlong

When Autodesk first bought this program there was a combination that would not work. Im not remembering which one it is off hand, but if I think there is a problem with 30day trials. Is Fabrication currently installed on a 30day trial?

tlong
in reply to: davidronson

No - We are just updating to 2015 - When installing i put in serial number/ CD KEY  etc and it all installed fine - Just when trying to open i get the message that there is something wrong with the licensing / combinition of licenses  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tlong

If AutoCAD is using a network license, then CADmep must be a network license.

If you had your CADmep licenses from before Autodesk bought them, Autodesk will uplift those stand alone licenses for free (provided you were already AutoCAD network).  At least they did back then....enough time has gone by that they may not any longer.

Message 5 of 6
Nicholas.Hyland
in reply to: Anonymous

If the Autodesk Fabrication CADmep Licensing Error occurs there is a normally a free uplift to the Network type.

Please refer to the following article for: Valid Licensing Combinations for Autodesk Fabrication CADmep

Nicholas Hyland
Message 6 of 6
tlong
in reply to: Nicholas.Hyland

Thanks for the help

Working on it still trying to get it straightened out

Spoke with our Aotodesk  vendor/sales rep   about it  first

He sent me to their support  next

Support then sent me back to the sales rep

Then got a bill for about 1200 to chenge the license type

Nothing is easy 

But thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report