Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adsk material

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gmemmel
541 Views, 5 Replies

Adsk material

I am upgrading to Autodesk's database 2015 from my own database, with the expectation that I will have a more comprehensive piping library.  One problem I see is that several folders of pipe fittings were simply copied into other folders with a different name - the items are otherwise identical.  This was done with Anvil threaded black and galvanized fittings (cast iron and malleable), Weldbend standard and XS fittings, Victaulic orange and galvanized.  If I want to produce a fitting report of a project with both galv. and black fittings, or both standard and XS fittings, how can I distinguish between them in the reports?

It seems that the problem stems from Autodesk not having galv CI, galv malleable or XS carbon steel in their material database.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davidronson
in reply to: gmemmel

Report the name of the fitting, or the material.

gmemmel
in reply to: davidronson

that is the issue. 

The fitting name name is the same whether it is from CI black folder or CI galv. folder.  As for reporting material, they are all CI, not CI black or CI galv.

Message 4 of 6
Backnblack

You would need to change the information in the .itm file (database) but if it's Autodesks data then it's locked and they would have to fix it.

And the Database that comes from AD is sparse at best.

Message 5 of 6
jasonbayer7965

I know when I downloaded a few things from autodesk, it gave warnings that "x service matched the y template, would you like to override?"
did you get these and say yes by chance?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jasonbayer7965

The ITM name should *NOT* be used for identifying specific details of a particular fitting. The name can be anything, and often, duplicates of the same fitting are required to achieve different database functionality. 

What should be used for determining the exact fitting is the data regarding the ITM. The Database IT links to the ProdInfo database which has a record of that specific size and fitting.

That being said, if the history of Autodesk, they have never...ever...done content well with one exception (AutoCAD Electrical). CADmep is no exception. 

We won't use Autodesk's content. It's quality is not sufficient to get to the level of detailed information we expect. At best, we'll clone it to make out own fittings the way we thing they should be created.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report