Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Autodesk content and upcoming webcast

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
brett.stacks
646 Views, 9 Replies

Update to Autodesk content and upcoming webcast

We are proud to announce that Autodesk created ITM based content will be distributed with the 2016 releases without ownership locks. The content is offered as sample data and therefore will be provided without the ownership lock so that it can be copied and modified. The content available at http://www.building3dcontent.com/ will be updated at a later date.

Please join us in our next webcast to hear more about updates to content and other exciting announcements for the upcoming release. You can register for the webcast at https://us.gep.autodesk-services.com/registration/32796

Thank you all for your feedback and please keep posting!

Brett Stacks
Product Manager, MEP Fabrication
Autodesk, Inc.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: brett.stacks

Thanx Brett.

Can't help but feel that this is a double edged sword however. This will significantly help folks like outselves, but smaller or newer customers will now have the power to more easily corrupt their own systems.

Would really like to see a wholesale change in the approach to may content less "fragile" to a functional database configuration setup. Here's what I'd like to see...

Overhaul connectivity.... Connectivity currently controls 3 things...

• What goes together
  • What it looks like
  • How it reports

Mixing these three things together makes the setup way overly complicated.

Message 3 of 10
Neil_Markham

Hi Brett,

Will this Webcast be available as a download following the event?

As I am in a different time zone, the live event is between 5 and 6am for me Smiley Frustrated

Neil

Message 4 of 10
brett.stacks
in reply to: Neil_Markham

Hi,

Yes, we will record this and will post a link within a week of the webcast.

Brett Stacks
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
Backnblack
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't help but feel that this is a double edged sword however. This will significantly help folks like outselves, but smaller or newer customers will now have the power to more easily corrupt their own systems.

100% true.....

I see why AD was looking to hire CADmep support personal...

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Was just going to report that the content on www.building3dcontent.com (imperial anyway) has been updated to be unlocked.

Noticed as of this moment, the URL is throwing a 404 Error "requested resource is not found".

Glad I downloaded it when I did.

Message 7 of 10
brett.stacks

Thank you Darren, we are working on it.

Brett Stacks
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Thanx Brett.

BTW, looked at the unlocked content. We prior did an indepth analysis on buy vs build vs use Adsk content and chose to build our own.

Now that the Adsk content is unlocked, it looks like this will significantly improve our ability to standardize our content across locations in a timely manner. A few simply tweaks to align Autodesk's content to some of our connectivity, naming and material standards and we'd done.

All in all, I think this was a step in the right direction. Smaller and new customers may struggle with the ability to now corrupt their content if not done properly but honestly, that's another issue that can be addressed in future product versions if focus is on connectivity and content creation.

Message 9 of 10
brett.stacks

That is exactly what we were hoping to hear. Thank you very much for saying it.

Brett Stacks
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
Neil_Markham

Hi Brett,

Is there a URL for the recorded webcast?

Neil 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report