wall material _ customize material

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PavlinaPlatonos
536 Views, 1 Reply

wall material _ customize material

Hello,
I want to put as a new material, translucent concrete and I only know its visible transmittance value. Can I somehow put horizontally resin gaps at cross section into layer element?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello PavlinaPlatonos

I do not think that would work well for your purpose.  Although I am not entirely certain what it is you are trying to simulate.  Adding layers in the layer window is only good for calculating the overall thermal properties of the assembly you are building; it will not have any visual properties.  In fact, you do not have to have any layers created, but simply enter the thermal properties in the first page of the material property window.

For thermal analysis, I would simply use a regular light-weight concrete material as provided in the library. Since transluscent concrete is mainly concrete, I do not fee the fibers in the material would impact the overall thermal properties.

For daylight analysis, you may want to set the transparency of your material to that provided by you transmittance value.  It will not have the same effect as a real transluscent concrete as those use glass or resin fibers to bring the light in, though.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report