Did you mean: 

Vista and Ecotect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BlueMountain
622 Views, 3 Replies

Vista and Ecotect

Hi
I was running ecotect with vista early this year, but was having porblems in open GL and couldnt get any radiance image out.
I gave up and started using ies now, but i really like ecotect and if this has been resolved now i would like to buy it.
I love the program, but my laptop has vista and i dont want to take any disppointment espcially when its exam time or project due deadlines.
I havent used it for a while so i am not aware what updates have been added.Sorry for that!!
I would really appreciate if you could let me know, so i can just buy it and start using it for my school work.

Thanks Edited by: BlueMountain on Oct 29, 2008 12:04 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drajmarsh
in reply to: BlueMountain

Hi,

Ecotect should run fine under Vista. The only issue is with the screen snapshot function when you are running the Aero theme as this uses complex desktop composition to overlay 3D OpenGL canvases within the desktop as opposed to actually direct embedding. Thus, we have added an additional option in the Display >> Copy to Clipboard menu to enable/disable 3D composition in Aero. When you want to take lots of screenshots or create a movie and you use Aero, it is quicker to disable the 3D composition first. Even if you forget to re-enable it, Aero will revert back when you close the instance of Ecotect you used to turn it off.

Regarding Radiance, this too has been tested pretty rigourously in Vista. As long as you have located where Radiance is installed and got green ticks in the export wizard, you should get something when you run Radiance.

Is it possible for you to post the text or an image of any error messages you get or of the DOS prompt displayed when Radiance is run ? In the export wizard there should be an option called 'Pause on completion' - make sure this is checked to keep the DOS prompt up when the run is finished so you can read/copy the output text.

Hope that helps...
Message 3 of 4
spemaster

Radiance should work perfectly in vista i repeat should work. The first step is to set a very simple path to install radiance like in hard drive and try do not open more folders. so radiance folder must look something like this: C:\Radiance...
Other issue, when exporting to radiance the final wizard in Ecotect must look with green checks if this is not the case. Browse through the systems and find the folder of radiance click whatever file such as bin and then Ecotect will find the right path to export to radiance.
Regards,
J. Andres Alonso A.
Message 4 of 4
spemaster

Radiance should work perfectly in vista i repeat should work. The first step is to set a very simple path to install radiance like in hard drive and try do not open more folders. so radiance folder must look something like this: C:\Radiance...
Other issue, when exporting to radiance the final wizard in Ecotect must look with green checks if this is not the case. Browse through the systems and find the folder of radiance click whatever file such as bin and then Ecotect will find the right path to export to radiance.
Regards,
J. Andres Alonso A.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report