Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade ECOTECT 5.6 to Autodesk Ecotect 2010 : ???

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
inddigo
1494 Views, 10 Replies

Upgrade ECOTECT 5.6 to Autodesk Ecotect 2010 : ???

I hope maybe you could help me, or direct me to the person I should be contacting.
We have Ecotect v5.60 (About 10 licenses), and would like to know what we have to do to upgrade to Autodesk Ecotect Analysis 2010.
Our company is Inddigo (France), and the purchase was made by Phillipe Lachaud .

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: inddigo

you probaly need to contact a reseller in france
or call where you bought ecotect 5.6 from Edited by: DarrenP on Aug 24, 2009 1:02 PM

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
inddigo

Long time ago when Ecotect was under SQU1 rules, i had a contact in the SQU1 team + 44 29 48 39 49 Clarice Bleil de souza.

I can't call her anymore since the change.

We bought Ecotect from Internet by downloading directly from the squ1 site that has changed into Autodesk ecotect site.

We tried to contact the autodesk reseller here in france :

Christian ROSSIGNOL
Ingénieur d’application avant-vente
Soft Europe, groupe TECH DATA
5 Avenue de l'Europe - Bussy Saint Georges
77611 Marne la Vallée Cedex 3
Tel : +33 (0) 825 880 870 choix 4
Fax : +33 (0) 820 880 870
mailto:christian@softeurope.com
http://www.softeurope.com

They don't even know what Ecotect is .....

So What should i do know ?....Can someone in Autodesk answer my questions please ???? :

1 / support for multi threaded ??? what version of ecotect ??? We would like to change our machine in 64 bit but before doing that huge change we need some confirmations.

2/ Upgrade procedure ? Is it free for older users ? (considering that we have 10 licenses : our compagny will not afford expensive update just because the product is know branded with autodesk )

Thks you
Message 4 of 11
tzigo

I just got a quote from the local ADSK reseller, as I am in the same situation and these are the numbers....apparently for the upgrade..
Ecotect Analysis 2010 (stand-alone version) Purchased by 9/15/09, Each $ 2,545
Ecotect Analysis 2010 (network version) Purchased by 9/15/09, Each $ 3,395
Ecotect Analysis Subscription (Required) 1st year, per license $ 725

This is outrageous. Did Autodesk ever announced the transition period for the upgrades, or all of the existing users are just expected to purchase a brand new copy.
Can anyone from ADSK comment on this pricing policy on Ecotect upgrades?
Message 5 of 11
yunpeng

I am not from ADSK, but as I know, Ecotect 2010 is only for North America now, and not for upgrade. If you are not in North America, you can only buy 2009 from internet.
Message 6 of 11
inddigo

Ok that's fine thk U for tring to answer, but where are ADSK in this forum ?? i need confirmations that's all :

Ecotect V5.6 support multi thread (solar analys for skycraper too long with 32 bit applications with a intel core 2 quad 2.86Ghz with 4Go) ???

Our company need to improve the analisys speed.....

ADSK should really take care about his customers need, it 's outrageaous. I don't even thk about the prices.....

So who is answering next, ADSK or someone else.

Thk U
Message 7 of 11
davidh2

Here is the answer on multi-thread
http://www.ecotect.com/node/2219

It would be logical if 5.6 uses multi-thread, they would not remove in 2010.

Regarding upgrading - A reseller would be able to assist. There is a process in place to upgrade people from old Ecotect to Autodesk Ecotect Analysis 2010.

David Haynes
Ideate, inc.
www.ideateinc.com Edited by: davidh2 on Sep 4, 2009 11:07 AM
Message 8 of 11
SeanBurke

Ah, but it does not say it uses multi-thread. That page is a feature request. It is unassigned, and if you read carefully, it says it SHOULD support multi-thread and 64-bit... As far as I know, it does not.

--
Sean D Burke, Assoc AIA, LEED AP
sdb consulting
BIM, CAD and Sustainable solutions training and implementation
Read my blog -> Paradigm shift
Message 9 of 11
inddigo

Thk U fro the response but.....

As SeanBurke said, it's a feature request, i have never seen a official issue for this question or a official confirmation==> where is ADSK in this forum ???

Regarding upgrading, as i posted before no reseller in france can give me answersabout that even for an upgrade to Autodesk Ecotect 2009, perhaps someone can give me a email adress or a phone number ==> where is ADSK in this forum???

Still without efficient responses....
Message 10 of 11
DaveMills

Hi Inddigo,

The best person to contact regarding upgrades is usually your local resller(s) - thanks for going that route first. What's the best way to connect with you outside of the DG's? Send me an e-mail: david.mills@autodesk.com. If it's OK, I'd like to arrange for someone to contact you directly.

By the way, Sean's comment was a good one. Ecotect does not currently support multi-threading. Considering the complexity of some analysis, it's desirability is clear. Thanks for voicing the importance of multi-threading. Out of curiosity, what type of machine are you currently using?

Dave Mills
Technical Marketing
Autodesk, AEC Edited by: DaveMills on Sep 9, 2009 2:50 PM
Message 11 of 11
inddigo

Thk U

I have just sent you a email ..with my job email adress.

Hope to end with this subject...

best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report