Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to Ecotect

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
832 Views, 2 Replies

Revit to Ecotect

Hello everybody,

I am using Revit to model and Ecotect to analyse, however I searched a lot but I could not find any answers or comments about the problem I have.

After I model the topography and the buildings around my site, I exported them as a .DXF file to make sun and shadow overview.

The problem is that when I export it into Ecotect, there are too many lines from the topography and the buildings, does anyone knows how I can simplify these lines to show or make the visualization more clear? - If you find it hard to understand what I mean, you can check the attachment.

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jens
in reply to: 1013225

Hi,

You can try to set the 'Surface Display' to 'Zone Colour' and the 'Outline Display' to 'Material Colour' and adjust those colours accordingly. (The zone colour and material colour for the topo shoud be matching). See attached screenshot.

Best

Jens

Message 3 of 3
in reply to: jens

Hi Jens,

I already tried the options that you recommended.

What I actually need is only keeping outside boundries (the box/building lines).

Whenever I change the options, either I loose all of the lines or I have all of the lines.

If you have any further ideas, I would like to hear that! - I really want to solve this!

Best,
Hasan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report