Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return licensing issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
373 Views, 4 Replies

Return licensing issues

Hi I need to have the the network license returned but the old system is unavailable. Email address is mlabrie@hcma.ca. If you need the Proof of purchase # please email me.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drajmarsh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can move your network license between servers at any time. Because your license server periodically connects to a central Ecotect Activation Server, there can only ever be one local server per license. Thus, if you activate your license on a new network server it will update the central Ecotect Activation Server with it's own details. This means that the previous server will be unable to authenticate and stop working anyway.

Thus, to move your license to a new server, simply install the Ecotect Network License Manager software on the new server and go through the activation process. It will detect that an existing server has already been activated and prompt you to replace it with the current one. There are step-by-step guides to the various processes involved at:

http://ecotect.com/software/activation

This assumes that you can connect to the central Ecotect Activation Server. If you are having problems, you may need to use the 'Check Access to Ecotect Activation Servers...' button in the 'INTERNET ACCESS' tab of the Ecotect Network License Manager. If you cannot access, you may need to enter specific Proxy server details or update your firewall to allow access to 'squ1.com (207.210.104.66)'.

There are more details and some step-by-step images showing this process at:

http://ecotect.com/activation/license_server_problems

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
Principal Software Engineer
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Andrew, I've just retried the network activation and I'm currently getting the msg that I have another computer setup as my license server. I've made sure that that computer is not running the manager.I am not being prompted to replace it. FYI I'm using the ECO v5.

thanks
Message 4 of 5
drajmarsh

Hi,

May be quite an old license manager - you should be able to go right through the activation process on a new server. You can upgrade for free from any version of Ecotect v5 to Ecotect v5.60.

Either way, using the email address given above, I have reset your network license so you should now be free to activate your new server.

Hope that helps...

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
Principal Software Engineer
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Worked perfect!!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report