Did you mean: 

Re: Product Activation for Student Member of Education Community

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wtdng
733 Views, 1 Reply

Re: Product Activation for Student Member of Education Community

Dear all experts,

I am a student and have just registered as the Autodesk Education Community.  I have downloaded the free version of Ecotect and successfully installed in my home personal computer.  However two options either 'Try' or 'Activate' are shown in the last page of screen display and only have 30 days trial.  My question is, supposingly being as member of Education Community, the software should be free, am I rite?  As the clock starts, I have hesitation to choose "activate" as I am afraid the software will be charged and not free anymore.  As such could you teach me what setting and procedure I can do to fix this? Or I can just simply click "activate" and input serial number for student? By the way what is the difference between student version and commercial version, is that having the same capability? 

Many Thx,

wtd

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: wtdng

Hi wtdng,

You did mention that you downloaded the software from the Education Community Site, right? If so, there is a Serial Number generated after download. Use the Serial Number and Product Key to activate the License, just click on the Activate button.

If you need assistance in activating it, you can contact our Registration and Activation team directly.

Products downloaded from the EDU Site are free. Feature-wise there's no difference between the Student Licenses and Commercial Products, it's just that Student Licenses are only good up to 3 years and contains the watermark.

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report