Did you mean: 

PSYCHOMETRIC CHART FOR A BUILDING

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
perumalmeera
432 Views, 1 Reply

PSYCHOMETRIC CHART FOR A BUILDING

hi

I want to know if the Ecotect software calculates the thermal comfort levels( temperature inside the building) in a particular time and day, month , given the type of material used in a building of a particular form and shape?

By doin so we should be able to access the effectiveness of the passive solution , before trying out active solutions

Perumal

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pennetier1
in reply to: perumalmeera

Hello perumalmeera, 

Absolutely, Ecotect can calculate interior temperatures for a particular day of the year, and hour of the day, based on the weather file that is loaded, the material that is used (U-value and Admittance (diurnal heat capacity of the material) and color (reflectivity) have a lot of effect), and to some extent the design itself, whether you have large windows, overhangs or other shading devices.  Is that what you mean by form and shape?

Ecotect was created specifically for this type of quick analysis of passive strategies, before adding anything active - in fact, Ecotect is not well suited for actively conditioned spaces.  Green Building Studio would do a better job at this.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report