Problem with wether data symbols.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
li_xiao_xiao
643 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with wether data symbols.

Hi

I have a problem with weather data in Ecotect 2011. After I import other country's weather data to Ecotect,all the temperature symbols and other symbols changed to some question mark. When I open the IWEC file from wordPad ,this is what I see in the last picture.

What should I do to this problem?
Hope you can solve my doubts.

Thank you

problems.JPG3.JPGproblem.JPG0.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pennetier1
in reply to: li_xiao_xiao

Hello li_xiao_xiao, 

It looks like you are missing the degree symbol "°". Are you able to see this symbol anywhere on your computer?

I do not think it has anything to do with the IWEC file, but maybe.  Did you import that IEWC file into the weather manager prior to opening in Ecotect?

Because you are using chinese (I think) characters on your machine, I feel there is something lost in translation, but I could not say it is from Ecotect itself.

If you send me your IEWC file, I can try to repoduce the issue here on my machine and see if it does the same thing.  At the very least, send me your .wea file.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 7
li_xiao_xiao
in reply to: Pennetier1

Hello,

First, thank you for reply me.

I cannot see this degree symble (°C) anywhere in my computer or at least in Ecotect. Also, I did not import that IEWC file into the weather manager prior to opening in Ecotect but I did import the EPW file and save that file as WEA in the Ecotect weather.

Moreover, I have take a snip when I import the file, and the degree symbol problem also appears here. Although when I left click at that column, it appear as celcios (°C) exactly ( as show in the picture below) , it do not show on  celcios (°C) on the screen ,I mean it did not work.

Here's my IWEC file and I think if the problem does not occur in your machine, then it may be my machine's problem.

Thank you

pictures.JPG

picture.JPG

Message 4 of 7
Pennetier1

Hi li_xiao_xiao

I was able to open the file and I am able to see the degree symbol as expected, so I am thinking that your computer is not set up to read that particular symbol.  Ecotect might not be a Unicode program, so it will display what your computer is translating for the degree symbol - that Chinese character seen on your IEWC file.

You can try to change the default language used for non-unicode program on your computer to English and see if it works.

Go to your control panel and look for the Language and Region panel, then go to Region and select the Administrative tab and the Change System Local button for the non-Unicode programs.  You can select English and see if that works.  Note that this should only affect these programs that do not use Unicode.

Let us know if that helps. If so, please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 5 of 7
li_xiao_xiao

Hello PENNETIER,

Thanks a lot for your help ! My problem was solved !

However, there is still one thing I would like to consult with you. Do you know the way to convert PDF file to DXF file? Thus, I would be able to import files to Ecotect.

Regrads,

li xiaoxiao

Message 6 of 7
Pennetier1

Hi li_xiao_xiao

I am glad that worked!

To convert PDFs to DXFs, I would do an internet search such as "PDF to DXF".  There are quite a few utilities and programs out there that will convert your PDF files.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 7 of 7
li_xiao_xiao

Hello PENNETIER,

Thanks and I really appreciate your help.

Even though my question is not directly related to Ecotect.

Regards,

li xiaoxiao

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report