Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN HELP ME

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fmalyami1
343 Views, 2 Replies

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN HELP ME

Hii every body ,

I’m doing my master degree of studying of using natural ventilation strategies in hot humid areas.

This study is using the weather data tool only in ecotect and im new user of that program .

i would like to know the default inputs of the psychometric chart that provide the suitable passive cooling strategies.

The required information is

The default g value of windows in this assumption

The wall and floor default u values of that

Please help me because i would like to proof the psychometric chart results of these strategies and ill be glad for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pennetier1
in reply to: fmalyami1

Hello fmalyami1, 

Unfortunately, the variables for the indulation of the house and efficiency of the solar collector are unknown for the solar passve heating strategy. These psychrometric charts do not assume any specific building, so there is a range of option, which are chosen with the slide scale.  But unlike the air speed slider of the natural ventilation strategy on which the air speed is noted, the U-value of the house or shgc of the windows is only known as very low to very high.  I typically assume that the average value is about as good as what your local code requires, which of course may vary from local to local.

Sorry I cannot be of more help on this.

Best,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 3
fmalyami1
in reply to: Pennetier1

@Pennetier1 wrote:

Hello fmalyami1, 

Unfortunately, the variables for the indulation of the house and efficiency of the solar collector are unknown for the solar passve heating strategy. These psychrometric charts do not assume any specific building, so there is a range of option, which are chosen with the slide scale.  But unlike the air speed slider of the natural ventilation strategy on which the air speed is noted, the U-value of the house or shgc of the windows is only known as very low to very high.  I typically assume that the average value is about as good as what your local code requires, which of course may vary from local to local.

Sorry I cannot be of more help on this.

Best,

hi Pennetier1

thanks a lot for your responding , you did your best

thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report