Did you mean: 

Please extend your time, regarding Sketchup to ecotect

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
craviteja
2698 Views, 4 Replies

Please extend your time, regarding Sketchup to ecotect

Hello All,

I tried to do the analysis for a very simple Model which I imported from Sketchup in a .DXF format, 

Model: - just a four walls, covered roof with no windows, (Just for analysis)

when I applied the daylight analysis, surprisingly the Grid shows total yellow box, means a good Light!!,.

I dont know how it showing with out windows,

Attached ecotect zip File,

Kindly Please extend your time to leave the guide comments, how to import properly, 

Sorry for my English,

Thanks for your considerations, 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
m.soderlund
in reply to: craviteja

Hey Craviteja

First of all:

When I opened up your Ecotect model it was incredible small. I had to reimport your DXF-model and change the scale to make it a more reasonable size. 

Second:

Are you calculating using Ecotects inbuilt daylight analyser? The results are not accurate, it's recommended to export to Radiance instead. I've did a quick daylight calculation on your model to Radiance and got really low values (around 0,04) which seems correct.

I attached the re-imported model to this post. Change the file extension to .eco instead of .zip.

Message 3 of 5
craviteja
in reply to: m.soderlund

Dear m.soderlund :- 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration of the Request,

When I use the file which was developed by you, showing exremely low dayligh factors, as they dont have any windows or rooflights,

AND AGAIN WHEN I CREATED A VERY SIMPLE MODEL IN SKETCHUP , AND IMPORTED INTO ECOTECT AS .DXF, I AM FACING THE SAME THING WHICH HAPPENED BEFORE, My english is not good to explain clearly,

Thats why I had attached with an images and explained in that, 

Kindly please extend your time to look after that and post some comments, you advices are Most important,

please do find the attached .dxf file and the ZIP images explaining the Problem,

looking forward,

Thank you,

Message 4 of 5
m.soderlund
in reply to: craviteja

Hi again,

1. When you import the DXF file you need to change the scale to at least x100, because the DXF model is really small 1:1 size. See the attached image "1. Import DXF file" to see where you set the scale. When you have imported your model, use the Measure tool to see how big it became.

2. When creating the grid, it's highly recommended to raise the grid from the floor level so it exists inside the actual zone and not in the floor. See attached image "2. Create Grid" where I set my grid 0.6 meters up from the floor.

3. When you have your grid set up, calculate using Radiance. See attached image "3. Analyse with Radiance". If you haven't set up Radiance to use with Ecotect yet just do some Googling and you will find guides how to proceed.

Hope that helps

Message 5 of 5
craviteja
in reply to: m.soderlund

Dear m.soderlund: -

Thanks a million for your help and Time, 

Thanks again,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report