Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO THERMAL ANALYSIS VALUES

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eve.h.mason
476 Views, 1 Reply

NO THERMAL ANALYSIS VALUES

I am a new user to ecotect but have been taught the basics. I have modelled as basic 3 storey house and I need to analyse the thermal comfort levels throughout the year. BUT, whenever I click calculate, all thermal values are 0? also this happens when I try to calculate material costs? There is no error messages and i have all of the zones selected as well as a data file loaded....HELP HELP HELP

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pennetier1
in reply to: eve.h.mason

Hello eve.h.mason, 

Sorry for the late reply as I have just been going through old unanswered posts lately...

I am willing to bet you have not set any occupants in your zones... if there are no occupants, then no one is there to feel comfortable! 

Go to your zone setting, and under Occupancy and Operation, assign the number of occupant you would expect in that particular zone (typically you would use the maximum number of occupant expected, which then can be adjusted using a schedule).  Give it a try and I am pretty sure it will fix your problem.

For the Material cost, make sure that there are a cost set for each of your materials under the Material Editor > Cost per Unit. Typically, these are set to $0 by default and it will give you nill results.

I hope that helps!

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report