Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Natural ventilation in a wine storage room

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gate774
275 Views, 0 Replies

Natural ventilation in a wine storage room

HI, I'm trying to simulate internal temperature of a wine storage room adopting a natural ventilation system.
I read some energy design reports made by Ecotect experts about wineries and also posts on the forum about errors in calculating gains/losses using Nat Vent or simulating a complex operating system using adaptive objects for windows used for cross ventilation (Could I get better results using voids and louvres in stand of windows?).

Here you have the model. I added an extra thermal mass to simulate the presence of wine bottles in the room (I created several panels of "wine" material).

According to comfort range (10°C-16°C), I need to understand what’s the internal temperature during summer season, taking in account the amount of bottles stored, or how many hours of discomfort there are in summer or how many Watt I need to cool the space when too hot.

As in previous posts, result of simulation, shows some "funny things":
• several discomfort hours also during winter season: that’s because in a Nat Vent system windows are opened even outside T° is below comfort range? It could be solved using adaptive materials for windows? I need also to verify efficiency of envelope’s insulation.
• Looking at August monthly loads/discomfort, no data are available: 0 too hot or too cool hours. How could it be possible? I cannot find the fault.
So, could you please support me in understanding which is the best approach to carry out this simulation??
Target is:
• to verify efficiency of envelope’s insulation ( in order to reduce energy for heating at minimum)
• to verify efficiency of envelope’s thermal inertia and natural cross ventilation (in order to reduce energy for cooling at minimum)
Thanks for your help
Caterina
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report