Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing network 2010 single user , licensing system failed to initialise.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DdDDriver
2199 Views, 3 Replies

Licensing network 2010 single user , licensing system failed to initialise.

I was using Ecotect 2010 on my main computer and had no issues until recently.
I have no clue what I did (upgraded bios, graphics drivers, windows updates) that caused Ecotect to stop finding the license, but for the last week, not only does it fail to aquire license,

ERROR: The licensing system failed to initialise.
Application will run unlicensed.

but it also no longer gives me a chance to set the server name or browse for the license file.
is there a file I can modify/delete that will force it to look for the license/server again?
In my case, the working machine is the license server since I am the only one in my "office"

All I can think of is that I installed both Ecotect and the license manager on my laptop as I travel a lot and did not want to be bothered with checking out a license each time I went to use my laptop.
I got it up and running fine also using the laptop directly as the license server. is there some way that this invalidated the first install?

The laptop copy still validates the license fine, so I went to use the license transfer utility, but clicking this tool does absolutely nothing.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
GabeH
in reply to: DdDDriver

Has anyone responded to you about this error? I have a client experiencing the same error.

Message 3 of 4
GabeH

Autodesk solution that fixed this error.

1. Rename the CascadeInfo.cas file.

• Navigate to the following folder:

Windows XP > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm
 Windows Vista > C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

• Rename the CascadeInfo.cas file to CascadeInfo.cas-backup

2. Create or verify the workstation ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Message 4 of 4
gaurav.gurjar

how to solve this problem in windows 8.1 ?????????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report