Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find / calculate Alt Solar Gain (Ligthwt)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vicivici2
1677 Views, 7 Replies

How to find / calculate Alt Solar Gain (Ligthwt)

The Alt Solar Gain (Ligthwt) has major influence on the temperature distribution, Sol-air and direct solar gain values and in fact so imported that failure to use the right values lead to incorrect results.
The preset windows types which are defined in Ecotect are totally outdated and one need to set up more up to date low energy windows. But without the right Alt solar gain values it’s impossible. I know that those values can be found in CIBSE Guide A (if you Google it, ONE topic pops up, referring to Ecotect.com with a useless answer and reference to this CIBSE Guide) But I not know this CIBSE and a quick search in my university library database gave no results.
Is it possible to calculate / find those Alt Solar Gain Values in a prober way? So one actual can use Ecotect for something.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
nielsthuesen
in reply to: vicivici2

Hi

Understand you problem and wish that i could help. I am having the same kind of problems. I am trying to evaluate on the result from Ecotect but is it impossible to make any kind of evaluation without this value!!!!

Niels
Message 3 of 8

Hi the truth is out there :-).. écotect is actually using a dynamic simulation that uses a value for a building with ligth and heay materials Ecotect chooses one of the values depending on the responsfactor.

To cal culate see here I actually made a excel sheet for values in Ecotect. But you can see the formula here.. Its really the key for having the rigth temperature cal http://www.pilkington.com/resources/solargainfactors.jpg

I would like to eksplain it in more detail send me an email..

Cheers..

Message 4 of 8
antoniuss
in reply to: vicivici2

HI nielsthuesen,

but where i can find the SWSC and LWSC factor in the equation of the tabel thath you linked??

thanks!

Antonio

Message 5 of 8

Hello!! I wish you could explain me more of this, and share me more information please.
My E-mail is joyri_nuno7@hotmail.com
Message 6 of 8
Pennetier1
in reply to: joyri_nuno7

Hello joyri_nuno7

Alt Solar data from manufacturer is scarce.

Have a look at this previous post for some insights.

I hope that helps.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers, 

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 7 of 8

Hello Asbjorn Levring.

Could you please send me more information about the calculation you said and to get the thermal values of a crystal and enter them to ecotect?

Best Regards, thank you.

Message 8 of 8
joyri_nuno7
in reply to: Pennetier1

Thank you very much! I'm almost getting my data complete.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report