Ecotect

Ecotect

goldenroses_fzt
Message 1 of 1 (689 Views)

HELP! trying to do thermal analysis of a 500x500 meter city!

689 Views, 0 Replies
12-20-2012 05:19 AM

Hi 

I have been using ecotect for 3 months now. But I have never tried the thermal comfot or the spatial comfort. I am doing my thesis in architecture about how a roof can help a city over all enviroment. for example if you have a roof over the city in high temperatured cities like dubai life standards will rise. So to make this short I have been doing spatial comfort analysis in the coldest and hottest months. the site is a 500X500 m site with at least 60 houses(4 floor each) I dont care about the thermal comfort inside the houses but I want to see the common places like streets or open spaces thermal comfort rates. 

I tired this for example for Moscow, which the highest temperatures in summer are around 24 to 30 degrees, and i get an stonishing 50 degress??!!!! even in the winter the coldest is around -11 but in the spatial comfort i get the lowest -1???!!! 

BTW I put the buildings all in one zone called the city and i put it as a thermal zone with natural ventilations.

what am I doing wrong?? does this mean my results for dailylight shading and insolations are all wrong too?? or is the spatial comfort just harder to set then the others?

I will attach two files to make it easier to understand what I mean. the MTH attachment is moscows normal spatial, and the MTR25, is moscows spatial comfort when there is 20meter high roof with 25% solar collectors installed on it.

I am really confused with this. can someone help me please? 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.