Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from Ecotect to Desktop Radiance (SOS)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
902 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting from Ecotect to Desktop Radiance (SOS)

Dear All,
I have desktop Radiance installed and is working fine when I export to it from Ecotect, I can get the basic render as well. However, now I do not understand from the Ecotect help index on how I can edit Material data, Furniture, and Lighting data which I have not modeled in Ecotect to appear in the Radiance render and participate in the resulting lighting calculations?

I have really tried searching everywhere for some form of example or video that explains how to do this but to no avail.

Below I have attached an image from the radiance control panel and also an image from Dr. Andrew Marsh's presentation superimposed in the same image. I cannot seem to be able to find any materials as can be seen from my radiance control panel. I also went through Axel Jacobs basic Radiance tutorial but am really having difficulty on where and how to start? How I can create a .rad file? where do I create one? Can I try creating one on a new radiance control panel? Just even an example or a video tutorial would do a world of good. Similarly, #Zone.rad and .Oct files are something that I would like to understand as well. Just a rundown of what these files are for, where they are to be saved and how they are written can be very helpful to me as well as other new desktop radiance learners.

Please any pointers in the right direction will be truly appreciated. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the same here , I'm completely lost and I posted a detailed question regarding this matter . let me know if you find any helpful source.
Message 3 of 3
yunpeng
in reply to: Anonymous

There are many materials about Radiance on http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/framer.html, I suggest you should take a look. Axel Jacobs's tutorial is another good choice.
If you want to learn radiance, you must start from basic concepts of radiance, for example, you may know what are modifier and identifier, how to define them. Edited by: yunpeng on May 12, 2010 12:23 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report