Export hourly shading data for the whole year

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mlenz1
736 Views, 4 Replies

Export hourly shading data for the whole year

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to export the shading values for an object [%] from the sun-path diagram for the whole year in just one file?

I was only able to export average shading values for every month and just for one day.

However I would like to have these values for each hour of the year (=8760 hours) because I need it for a TRNSYS simulation.

thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pennetier1
in reply to: mlenz1

Hi Martin, 

Are you refering to the shading values (%) from the Tabular display of the Sun path diagram (last column)?

Indeed these are hourly but shows up for a single day of the year.

If that is so, I might be able to write a small script that would export these hourly values for the whole year.

Are you looking for a simple text file output?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 5
mlenz1
in reply to: Pennetier1

Hello Olivier,

Are you refering to the shading values (%) from the Tabular display of the Sun path diagram (last column)?

--> Yes, exactly

It would be great if you could send me such a script - my mail adress is m.lenz1@gmx.at

a simple text file output is enough for me!

Thanks for your help,

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
Pennetier1
in reply to: mlenz1

Hi Mlenz1, 

See attached the script in .txt format.

You can open the Script Manager and copy-paste the script in there and save or simply change the file extension from .txt to .scr

To use it, simply select your object to be analyzed and either drag and drop the script file onto Ecotect or use the script manager to run the script.

I have written the script for the entire year and all hours, but you can change that within the script.

Also, you may want to change the accuracy of the shading calculations; I have it set on Full right now, but you can also change that and the angles (lower angles = more accurate but takes longer).

Let me know if that works for you.

If it works, please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 5 of 5
mlenz1
in reply to: Pennetier1

Hello,

Your script works perfectly!

Thanks for your effort!

Cheers,

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report