Did you mean: 

EnergyPlus via Ecotect

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mturrin
2497 Views, 2 Replies

EnergyPlus via Ecotect

Hi,

I am using Ecotect to run thermal analysis in EnergyPlus - I am new to this.

I have made a number of simple test models - in each of them I get the following severe error:

** Severe  ** GetInternalHeatGains: ElectricEquipment="ZONE_1_EQUIP", invalid Design Level Calculation Method, value  =EQUIPMENT LEVEL
   **   ~~~   ** ...Valid values are "EquipmentLevel", "Watts/Area", "Watts/Person".

Sine I get the same error in any kind of simple tests I did, I assume I am missing some basic step in setting the model.

How should I control the setting for the ElectricEquipment of thermal zones? (Attached the current setting for internal gains).

Thank you,

Michela

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mturrin
in reply to: mturrin

It seems there are possibly two problems in the idf file generated by Ecotect?

1) Following a comment by EnergyPlus’ support, I see the idf file generated by Ecotect contains the name: “Equipment Level" instead of "EquipmentLevel". This remains as such once the idf is converted from version 3.0.0 (Ecotect) to 7.1.0 (current EnergyPlus). So, I correct this manually by editing the idf as txt. Once done that, then the problem mentioned in my former message is solved. However, a second problem occurs:

2)  ** Severe  ** GetSimpleAirModelInputs: ZoneInfiltration:DesignFlowRate="ZONE_1_INFILT", invalid calculation method=ACH . I have tried to substitute manually in txt “ACH” with “Flow/Zone” in the idf generated by Ecotect, then the file runs properly in EnergyPlus. However, I am not aware if ACH was meant for something different than recalling the Design Flow Rate Calculation Method “Flow/Zone” ?

I will ask about this second problem to the EnergyPlus’ support too – but it seems both issues originate in Ecotect?

Thanks for some help on this.

Michela

Message 3 of 3
aloomans
in reply to: mturrin

I had the same problem. Worked after I followed your steps. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report