Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecotect Radiance Diffuse transparent materials not properly transfering into Rad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ScottMatthews
1191 Views, 1 Reply

Ecotect Radiance Diffuse transparent materials not properly transfering into Rad

I am currently unable to get a diffuse translucent material (acrylic) to properly work in Radiance/Ecotect.  I know my results are erroneous because a direct undisrupted beam of light is cast on the floor surface(rendered image).   

When I open the project in Radiance CP I discover the material that had specularity, roughness etc… has been lost.  The only parameters that remain are

ie....

void glass GenericDoubleGlazing72TEST2

3          0.616 0.616 0.616  

I seem to be missing the remaining integers ?

If i change the radiance material to

void trans GenericDoubleGlazing72TEST2

7          0.616 0.616 0.616   .2 .3 .1 .5

I get a more real representation of the material.

Please help me find out how to properly make this work in Ecotect. Ecotect should be able to calculate diffuse translucent materials from the get go?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: ScottMatthews

Hi Scott, i'm working on a project that involves exporting ecotect materials to radiance too. May i know what were the property of values? (i.e: 7          0.616 0.616 0.616   .2 .3 .1 .5)

You said specularity and roughness and etc.. (what were the rest of the names?)

Also, would you be kind enough to point me to a radiance manual that describes all these?

(i'm currently trying to input a RGB value into Radiance but it seems to be integrated with surface reflectivity)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report