Ecotect

Ecotect

rudda1
Message 1 of 3 (417 Views)

Ecotect method for the calculation of Incident Radiation

417 Views, 2 Replies
04-16-2012 10:21 AM

Greetings,

I am currently estimating the solar gains according with ISO 13790:2008. To accomplish that, incident solar radiation is needed. Ecotect Help provides information in how Solar Radiation is calculated in a given surface. However, the formulae presented is confusing, due to the parameter Fshad (formulae: Eincident = [(Ebeam x cos(A) x Fshad) + (Ediffuse x Fsky)] x ExposedArea). Since it is intended to calculate the solar incident radiition, why do Ecotect algorithm considers the beam solar radiation multiplied by the fraction of the surface currently in shadow from other surrounding geometry, as Fshad is defined in Ecotect Help menu. My question derives from comparisons of solar radiation calculations with Ecotect and other (reliable) method, when using the same climate data source, showing that Ecotect values are underestimated.

Can someone explain me the possible cause for these deviations?

Thanks!

bassifonti
Message 2 of 3 (414 Views)

Re: Ecotect method for the calculation of Incident Radiation

04-16-2012 12:41 PM in reply to: rudda1

I've founded the same problems...the incident energy of a surface exsposed to sud with 30° is 1200 kwh/m2 for years...the real energy is 1600-1700 kwh/m2 for year..

rudda1
Message 3 of 3 (410 Views)

Re: Ecotect method for the calculation of Incident Radiation

04-16-2012 04:19 PM in reply to: rudda1

hopefully someone wiil help us with an answer! :smileyhappy:

good luck :smileyhappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.