Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ecotect material library

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aditya.d.bhatt
2523 Views, 3 Replies

ecotect material library

I am finding some serious discrepancies between the values of specific heat and conductivity of a lot of materials in the ecotect libraries. (air gap, aluminium, brick etc). i think this is causing major issues in my temperature profiles. is there an updated or corrected library of materials and their values that i can use instead of manually correcting and changing every material?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

hi I have a updated material library. It not mine to give but send me an email and lets see what I can do...

ale@teknologisk.dk

Cheers

Message 3 of 4

need help to have Bamboo as a material currently using hypothetic data as average values, writen to Autodesk 3 years before but no reply. Why not autodesk add the bamboo material which is vastly used in Africa and a very green material. I tried to collect testing results from Bamboo Reserach organisation and got a BIG NO. Help please 🙂 ...........................I am Bamboo Architect and miss it in Ecotect 

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
Pennetier1
in reply to: ppscade

Hi ppscade, 

Indeed, there isn't a default "Bamboo" material in Ecotect, and never will be.  However, you can create any material assemblies that you wish in Ecotect as long as you know the thermal properties of that material.  There are quite a few wood materials you can use in your material assemblies in Ecotect, but I did not see bamboo.  The only 3 thermal properties of bamboo you need is a) its density, b) its Specific Heat, c) its conductivity.  Although density of wood varies widely from species to species, the specific heat and conductivity is fairly similar between species.

Once you have these three properties, it is easy to create your own Bamboo material layer that you can then use in any material assemblies, by specifying its thickness.

Do you have any one of these three properties?

I am not sure what kind of assembly you are trying to create; a simple wall made out of bamboo would be pretty porous in terms of infiltration, so I am not sure its U-value would be very useful.  I can see how some other type of bamboo product (using the fibers of the bamboo, such as bamboo flooring or particle board) could be more easily simulated.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report