Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecotect does not keep my Radiance parameters.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
2nfyG5Sr3R4Ed1LG
1358 Views, 3 Replies

Ecotect does not keep my Radiance parameters.

Hello,

I am using Ecotect and Radiance, when I want run Radiance to render a scene, calculate daylight factor, calculate illuminance, etc. Radiance does not keep my parameters, the simulation is running with the default Ecotect parameters.

For example I want to render a scene with the following parameters 

-ab 5 -aa 0.08 -ar 512 -ad 2048 -as 512

But in the Radiance console, when the simulation is running, I can see the following paramerters instead :

set ROPT=-dp 512 -ar 13 -ms 0.24 -ds .3 -dt .1 -dc .5 -dr 1 -sj .7 -st .1 -ab 5 -af essai.amb -aa .15 -ad 800 -as 128 -av 0.01 0.01 0.01 -lr 8 -lw .002 -i set VIEW=-vtl -vp 8.000 5.000 4.500 -vd 0.000 0.000 -3.000 -vu 0 1 0 -vh 16 -vv 10 -vs 0 -vl 0

The problem still the same even if I try Final render or RadianceCP.

Do you have any solution ?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can change these parameters when Importing the values back onto a grid in Ecotect.  Have yo utried this?

Message 3 of 4

That is what I have done, I put my Radiance parameters in this form (see your file attached), but in the console, when the simualtion is running,  this is the default Radiance parameters which are used for the simulation.

The problem still unsolved ... Maybe this is a bug of this version (Ecotect 2011)

Message 4 of 4

The problem seems to stem from the fact that changing the default Advanced Rendering Parameter values within the wizard will not be sent to the Radiance engine.

The work around is to edit the created RIF file from within the Radiance Control Panel (RCP) which can be access via the Tool menu > Edit Radiance Project…

1. In the RCP, open the project file RIF
  2. Click the Advanced Render Settings button on the left panel, and load the current default values.
  3. Adjust the desired parameters and click OK.
  4. Save the project once more.  The software asks if you want to replace the file – click yes.  A new line appears in the RCP “render= …” followed by the new rendering parameters.
  5. Click the RENDER button or the F9 key to re-run the project though RADIANCE engine.
  6. In the DOS window, the original default values are first listed, as they are embedded in the .oct file (or .rad or .amb?), but then are overwritten by the command line “render=” with the selected parameters.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Olivier
Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report