Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecotect artificial lighting: how to create tubular artificial light

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danielhense
520 Views, 2 Replies

Ecotect artificial lighting: how to create tubular artificial light

Hi guys, I'm new to Ecotect and would like to simulate artificial lighting using tubular fluorescent light (not light point). At material assignments -> light -> material properties I change X [mm] length and set apply and calculate. The light (lamp) continues to be a light point and not a light tube... Some suggestion? Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pennetier1
in reply to: danielhense

Hello Daniel, 

It is possible to simulate fluorescent lights.  What you need to do is creste a line object and assign a light material to it - you'll want to assign a radius.

If you can , try to download an IES file on the light's manufacturer website, and you can import that as well into your light material profile > import; that will import the specific lumen and wattage of your light.

See the attached .eco file that shows various styles of light objects in Ecotect.

I hope that will help you.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 3
danielhense
in reply to: Pennetier1

Olivier, thanks for your help! I will try the suggested approach and let you now if I have some issues. It is really tricky to do some things when you are new to the program. Really appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report