Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecotect Analysis 2012...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
g.dimitriou
12094 Views, 7 Replies

Ecotect Analysis 2012...

Is there anyone know, if there will be a 2012 version for Ecotect Analysis?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SPEF01P86
in reply to: g.dimitriou

Ohh yes, Just check Revit 2012 or Project Vasari....

ECOTECT was used to improved these software capabilites, end of the story!

Message 3 of 8

Revit 2012 has some features of ecotect, but if you need to do a deeper analysis you shoulf you ecotect

Vasari is on labs so perhaps is new version of ecotect 2012 o 2013

Message 4 of 8
iguana_M

They are indeed trying to incorporate it all into Revit, but I think we can hope for a newer version.

There has yet to be a decent software package to incorporate 3D architectural, structural, thermal and daylighting all in one package, and I suspect that we are along way off still - so hope we can!

By the way, you working in Greece? And on Ecotect? Interesting!

I would like to know what you are doing! I am an environmental consultant, and possibly looking to work with some friends in Greece.

(Ama eisai stin ellada kai asxolisai me ton tomea, pes mou)

regards

Message 5 of 8
g.dimitriou
in reply to: iguana_M

Ive been working for "Info Quest Technologies, Autodesk Dpt" (http://support.quest.gr/quest.gr/autodesk/index.htm) the VAD of Autodesk's products in Greece.

As senior CAD engineer in Info Quest, i'm responsible for Ecotect, besides AutoCAD, Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical, Autodesk Simulation Products, Showcase, AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, ... and a little of Max.

More than 18 years of experience in this area...

You can reach me at g.dimitriou@info.quest.gr

Greeting

George Dimitriou

Message 6 of 8
iguana_M

Interesting! I am asking because some colleagues of mine are looking to start work - have already started in fact, on regulations for energy accreditation of buildings in Greece.

If it progresses as planned, it might be interesting for you to collaborate. I will let you know how things go.

I am working in London for an environmental consultancy.

Kind Regards

Matthew Chantzidakis

Message 7 of 8
g.dimitriou

After four years, and mostly because Greek government decided stop paying fines to the European Community as there where no rules for Sustainable Design in Greece, TEE in collaboration with Observatory of Athens has released “KENAK”, for that purpose.

KENAK includes some “Rules” (TOTEE), written by TEE, and a core software (like EnergyPlus), which was created by the Observatory of Athens.

Any new or renovated building, above 50m2, has to be classified according KENAK among four categories and a proper study has to be exhibit to the Greek Urban Planning Service.

Greek software houses like ACE Hellas, CivilTech, 4M and TiSoft have created their ECO software for that.
Any of these software uses TEE core software for the calculations and its own interface for the input of data and XML routines to create the documentation for the Urban Planning Service.

Ecotect Analysis is good for decision making at the first stages of the design and producing a first level analysis of what to expect from certain cases.

It’s true that Autodesk is in a process of integrating Ecotect into Revit, but there are a lot things tat have to be done…     

G.D.

Message 8 of 8
yksky1104

Cat Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums