Did you mean: 

Diagram: Solar Irradiation + inclination/angle

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
markusbartsch1
436 Views, 1 Reply

Diagram: Solar Irradiation + inclination/angle

Hello,

is it possible to create a Diagramm like in the attachment with Ecotect Analysis? There is shown (in %), the solar Irradiation with loss factors on walls with different inclination/angles. You can use this diagramm for example for planing Photovoltaik-Modules.

Thanks so far

Markus B.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pennetier1
in reply to: markusbartsch1

Hello markusbartsch1

Indeed, although Ecotect is not setup to automatically create these diagrams, you can easily create them with a little bit of modeling.

The graphs you have attached are simply a 2D representation of a skydome, so you can model the skydome in Ecotect and show these graphs in 3D...

1. Create a geodesic or hemisphere using the Wizards under the Scripts & Wizards control panel.

2. Select the entire objects and select a weather file.

3. Run the calculate > Solar Access Analysis > Shading, Overshadowing, Sunlight Hours option.

4. Display your results as Object Attributes (at the bottom of the Display Settings control panel.

Radiation Dome.jpg

Obviously, you can take a shot of this in plan view for a similar effect as your attached graphs.  

Using the "Percentage exposed" option of the calculation gives you a similar results as the "Solar irradiation %" of your graphs.

I also like to use these when quickly figuring out the best orientations for glazing and/or PV on any sites, given the weather file only.

I hope that helps.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report