Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylighting in Ecotect 5.5 vrs Ecotect 5.6

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eameneses
539 Views, 3 Replies

Daylighting in Ecotect 5.5 vrs Ecotect 5.6

Why the daylighting calculations performed ecotect 5.5 looks different respect to calculations performed with ecotect 5.6 (Autodesk Ecotect). Calculations made with Ecotect 5.6 seem unreasonable because the light levels are higher in the interior walls that close to a window.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
enodren
in reply to: eameneses

It's a bug, see this post: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=6104858#6104858

It also affects Autodesk Ecotect 2009. It seems they finally got around to fixing it in 2010.
Message 3 of 4
JCHM13

Having carried out extensive daylighting analyses with 5.5 on a project, our software was upgraded to 5.6. The same building run in 5.6 resulted in answers up to 100% different than with the previous version! Did try and sent an E-mail enquiry but never recieved any reply. This of course calls into question the whole reliability of Ecotect. Losing faith in it I'm afraid.
Message 4 of 4
Helena_BS

Hello, my name is Helena.
We have your same problem as you. Differents results if I simulate in v5.5 than if I simulate in v5.6. Did you find any solution? Do you now how we can get the correct values? Do you know wich version do we have to trust?
Thank you very much!

Helena

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report