Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Factor is soooooooooooooooo wrong!!!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
aschneider1
3570 Views, 6 Replies

Daylight Factor is soooooooooooooooo wrong!!!

I have been getting the craziest Daylight Factor values!  What should be 1-3% is coming out 14-54%!  Is there a setting that could have been changed somewhere to change my values?  THanks!

Adrianna Schneider, LEED AP
AEC Solutions Engineer

:

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
arqyt
in reply to: aschneider1

Try to verify the normal vector of the wall inside, i think it must be reverse.

Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
Message 3 of 7
aschneider1
in reply to: arqyt

I'm sorry, I am not sure where to do that...can you please point me in the right direction?

AEC Solutions Engineer

:

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 7
Boesselmann

Dear Schneider

from my experience the daylight simulatin within Ecotect is not very reliable, however your results are really far off.

If you should not have done this simulation by exporting the model to Radiance try to do that.

regards

Message 5 of 7
tasleemkhan74
in reply to: Boesselmann

I have been working in Ecotct for a long time. Acoording to my observation, if we calculate daylight factor in daysim, it gives absolutely wrong results. However, the same i have done in radiance as well to check out the result, which always give me the perfect result.

So, I would suggeast you to use radiance to perform daylight simulation not in daysim.

Message 6 of 7
arqyt

forgive the delay, Display/Surface Normals or ctrl+F9 you can see a vector that must point outside the zone. You can select the face/surface and Modify/Reverse Normals or with ctrl+R change that to the other option. With my little experience, we must review all imported model, and with overlapping windows/doors.

Hope i´ve been helpfull. Bye 

Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
Message 7 of 7
aschneider1
in reply to: arqyt

Thank you all for your responses!  After doing an Inter-Zonal Calculation, I was able to fix the problem...but I certainly appreciate all the feedback! 

Adrianna

AEC Solutions Engineer

:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report