cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
bella-lover
454 Views, 1 Reply

Data and Scale

Hey I'm a beginer with Ecotect. I am trying to run an analysis on a bay of my building but as soon as I modify the Grid extends my Data and scale says that no data is avalible..What is happening?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pennetier1
in reply to: bella-lover

Hello bella-lover, 

If I understand correctly, you have an analysis grid with calculations set in your model, and when you are trying to modify or adjust the grid extents, the data disappear.

This is actually very normal - once the calculation is performed, any changes to the analysis grid will invalidate its results, and you should get an error message like this one:

Invalid Grid.jpg

The reason for this is that it prevents the grid from being inadvertently moved and show the prior results of an analysis that do not really match the new condition of the grid.

What you can do, however, is save your grid and analysis results by going to the "Grid Management" button > Grid Dimensions Tab > Save.

This will save your grid and results as a .grd file, which can then be retrieve anytime afterward by going to the File menu > Import > Model/ Analysis Data > look for your *.grd file.  This is a convenient way to run calculations on your grids and save them for later comparisons of design decisions.

I hope that makes sense.  For more information on the analysis grid, navigate to the help files (F1) > Content tab > User Interface Reference > Panels > Analysis Grid.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report