Did you mean: 

Cumulative sky luminance images

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fred.labbe
8008 Views, 1 Reply

Cumulative sky luminance images

Good morning,

I am trying to generate two images + associated tabular data showing cumulative sky luminance for Lausanne in Switzerland

• Cumulative diffuse light luminance
  • Cumulative direct sunlight luminance 

I have found that with the  Sun-Path diagram tool I can plot diffuse and direct total annual radiations (see attached)... I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to generate similar images for the Tregenza sky division with 145 patches of similar solid angle?
  2. Otherwise how could I easily convert those radiations in Wh into luminance values?
  3. How can I export the graphical data into tabular form?  
  4. Would it also be possible to generate a similar image but showing how often the sun is in each patch of sky?

Thank you very much for your help!

Fred

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arqyt
in reply to: fred.labbe

I'm no expert but ...
The accompanying graphs that correspond to shadow masks, and display these diagrams correspond to the "object you have selected." Each object has different diagram
If you intend is to have a model for analyzing luminous sky, what you intend is the model of sky known as "Perez", some analysis programs use this type of sky. Luminance is proportional to the radiation received in each solid angle ... Perez sky model. Ecotect doesn´t use that type of analisys directly.

If you intend is to have these values of incident radiation... use a clean model, the proposed location ... only model a horizontal surface and calculates the shadow mask, you get these values you want.
For the other questions .... I would have to inquire how they could be.
Anyway, that's what you want? is for some research?
Hope that helps some you.
regards

Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report