Did you mean: 

Cumulative diagram Ecotect heating and cooling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
356 Views, 3 Replies

Cumulative diagram Ecotect heating and cooling

Hi everybody!

I don't understand the cumulative diagram on ecotect after Thermal comfort analysis. I attached my cumulative diagram.

-At the beginning of this diagram the BTU is zero. How is possible!? 

- Second one at the end of this diagram, the "cooling" is more greater than the "heating" at Decembre!? How Is it possible?!

Maybe i don't understand this diagram. Can you help me to understand the meaning of this diagram?

Thanks everybody!

Pier

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pennetier1
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello nursetangofiesta

Sorry if the graph is a bit confusing.

This graph is a cumulative graph, which means it records the heating/cooling loads and keeps adding the hourly loads to the previous loads, hence the graph tends to increase in size, never decreases.

So at the very beginning of the graph, it always starts at "0" - no loads.  Then on the first hour, some load appears, even so small on the graph (you can adjust the scale to make things clearer).  Then on the second hour, another load appear, and is added to previous hourly load, etc...  When the graph curve flattens out, it usually means no loads are occurring at these particular times (such as heating loads in the summer time).

For the cooling load, it is also a bit confusing: the cooling load is not greater than the heating load, it is simply added above the heating load graph. So if you add up the last result of the cooling load to that of the heating load, you will get the total heating + cooling load for the entire year.  If you see the cooling load having the same "slope" as the heating load in December, it is because the cooling load actually "flattens out", i.e., no cooling in December, but because it is shown on top of the heating load curve, which increase steeply in December, the cooling load follows along on the same slope - but does not increase itself.

Have a look at the actual numbers in the monthly breakdown below the graph, and look at your scale.  It will make more sense.

I hope I did not confuse you more than help you.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Pennetier1

Ok thanks! Very clear!

But At the end of the Graph..Why the cooling increases between septembre to decembre!? 

thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Pennetier1
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello nursetangofiesta

The cooling does not increase between september and December.  Instead, it is simply added to the increasing heating, thus also following the same slope.

You can see that the distance between the heating curve and the cooling curve is nearly the same from September through December, becasue although the heating load increases, the cooling curve remains nearly constant, i.e., what it was at the end of the cooling season.

Cummulative Graph.jpgI hope it makes more sense.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report